I can’t believe we’re half way through 2017 already! Given the first half of the year was filled with college work and exams, and didn’t contain the summer holidays, I’m hoping the second half of the year will give me much more time to read. But, without further ado, here’s my June Wrap Up:
Total Books Read
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Du Mais- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell- ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2 (4.5/5)
- Sweet Bean Paste by Durian Sukegawa- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (5/5)
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)
1. Favourite book of the month: Sweet Bean Paste by Durian Sukegawa, a trillion times over. A well-written, beautiful story, with an ending that may actually have broken my heart. I reviewed this one for The Book Bag, where you can read my full review, but just remember it won’t actually be released until October (this copy is an ARC)!
2. Least favourite book of the month: This is actually a tough one, as this was a really good month book-wise, but I’d probably have to go for The Three Musketeers. I still really enjoyed it, it just felt longer than the last time I read it (several years ago!), and I felt like losing a good chunk of the middle of the book wouldn’t really have a detrimental effect to the story at all. Plus, I’ve always hated the ending because it’s just too sad, and I did not read through six hundred pages for an unhappy ending!
3. Longest book: The Three Musketeers at 627 pages
4. Shortest book: Sweet Bean Paste at 216 pages
Verdict on the month: Considering I didn’t rate a book less than 4/5, I’d say this was a very good month for reading! I read pretty diversely too, what with a classic and a contemporary YA in there. My only regret is how little I read! Thanks to a major reading slump at the start of the month, largely due to suffering through the middle 200 pages of The Three Musketeers and another book I STILL haven’t finished, I only read 2 books in the first half of June, then binge-read two books in four days towards the end of the month. As ever, I was reading six books at once without actually finishing any of them for much of June (see the GIF below for how I feel about this decision…).
So, in short, a definite goal for July is to finish the ridiculous amount of books I’m currently reading… We’ll see how that one goes! I’m also hoping to whittle down the amount of books I have waiting to be reviewed.
- FINISH EVERYTHING ON MY GOODREADS ‘CURRENTLY READING SHELF’… (hopefully…)
- Continue my Harry Potter reread
- Review more books for The Book Bag
So, how was your June, and what are you planning on reading come July? Why don’t you let me know in the comments below or even your own post?