To give you guys a little bit of a different post, I thought I’d join in with WWW Wednesday- the weekly meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words. So, without further ado:
1. What are you currently reading?
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith- I’m really enjoying this one! Cassandra is such an amusing narrator, and I love hearing about her life in the castle. Happy ending for her and her family please!
- The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien- I must confess this one has been a serious slog for me. I was never really a fan of the films, however I’ve always felt I should give the books a chance, since everyone tells me they’re so good (and partly because I’m genuinely scared my Uncle will disown me if I don’t read them soon…). I can admire the fact this book is so well-written, and one can’t fail to be impressed by the world Tolkien has created, but… I JUST WANT FRODO TO FINISH WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST ALREADY!! Seriously, it’s been about 200 pages 😭😭😭
2. What did you recently finish reading?
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell- I can’t praise this one enough! The anthology-style narrative was amazing, and I just loved all the characters. An unusual book, but definitely a risk that paid off on Mitchell’s part. Look out for a review of this one over the next few weeks!
3. What do you think you will read next?
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling- The 20th anniversary of the publication of this one is approaching on the 26th, and it’s giving me all the feels (as well as making me feel ancient at 17 because I remember the tenth anniversary like it was yesterday!). What better way to celebrate two decades of literary magic than by reeading the book, especially this beautiful illustrated edition? I’m excited 😍
So, what are you guys reading? Why don’t you let me know in the comments below, or even in your own blog post?