I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by How Useful It is – thank you! ❤
The rules for the award are as follows:
>Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
>Answer 11 questions the blog gives you
>Give 11 random facts about yourself
>Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers
>Let the blogs know you’ve nominated them
>Give them 11 questions to answer
Jasmine gave me these questions:
1. Q: Have you ever been to a book release/signing/tour?
A: Unfortunately not, but I’d probably sell a body part to meet JK Rowling!
2. Q: How do you decide what book to read?
A: I generally read whatever book I bought last, since I’ll have been in the mood to read it when I bought it, but if I don’t do that I simply pick a random book from my shelves.
3. Q: Real book or ebook?
A: REAL. I’ve tried ebooks but they just aren’t the same!
4. Q: How many books do you plan on reading in 2016?
A: My goal is 70.
5. Q: Where do you keep your book collection?
A: In a set of book shelves that are in a permanent state of organised chaos 😂.
6. Q: Do you read before you sleep?
A: Every night, or I can’t actually get off to sleep.
7. Q: Favorite film adaptation of a book?
A: I absolutely love the adaption of The Green Mile, which is probably my favourite film and book.
8. Q: Do you watch the movie or read the book first?
A: I’ve done both in the past, but I actually prefer to watch the movie first, otherwise I get frustrated when I see things from the book that have been changed or missed out.
9. Q: Do you get your friends to read?
A: I’m lucky in some respects, because my friends are all readers, so I don’t rally have to encourage them to read in the first place, although I do sometimes recommend a particular book for them.
10. Q: What else do you like to do besides reading?
A: I like walking, horseriding, cooking, baking, playing badminton,watching movies and spending time with frieds.
11. Q: First place to visit when you travel?
A: I’m looking forward to walking the Pennine Way with my friend in a couple of years with regards to travel ambitions that are a little closer to home. However, my main ambition has always been to visit the Middle East (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and Iraq etc) with my ultimate goal being to see Petra, Amman and the Dead Sea in Jordan.
11 facts about me:
1. I hate doing things like this because I’m not particularly interesting…
2. I’ve read over a thousand books.
3. I have a bit of an obsession with looking around second-hand book and vinyl record stores.
4. I love to listen to a vinyl record while I read.
5. My favourite food is salted popcorn.
6. My favourite drink is green tea.
7. I want to be a speech and language therapist.
8. The longest book I have ever read is War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
9. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series, The Green Mile, Gone With the Wind, and To Kill a Mockingbird.
10. The author I would most like to meet is JK Rowling.
11. My favourite colours are orange and blue.
My nominees for the award:
11 questions for my nominees:
1. How many books do you own?
2. Favourite book?
3. Favourite author?
4. Favourite song?
5. How long have you been a book blogger?
6. What first made you want to review books?
7. Second hand or new books?
8. Favourite place to buy books?
9. Favourite place to read?
10. Top of your TBR?
11. What’s you favourite series of books?
Good luck to all my nominees, and thanks again to Jasmine ❤